Saturday 3 September 2011

Accidental August Break!

I'm not still stuck in China, although I couldn't post whilst out there. China/ Google/ Blogspot/ freedom of speech issues. 


As I arrived home the riots in London started, the ones in Hackney on our doorstep.... so heartbreaking seeing your area tearing itself apart. Following that the world felt very different and motivating myself to gabble on about my favourite colour/ hemline seemed a bit crass and irrelevant....


Then I got laryngitis and was stuck in bed for a week, without a voice. For anyone that knows me they will know how much this drove me up the wall!! Luckily I had two very friendly cats and my amazing Nick to nurse me back to health. Following that my superhero Mum had a big cancer scare, thank god all the results have come back and she's fine. Puts a bit of perspective on things.


So that, it turns out, is how you can lose a month!! Now I'm back and on good form I would like to add! I also think when the whole world feels like its turning on its head it helps you get a bit of perspective on the things that really count. Health, family and loved ones and perhaps more surprisingly things like feeling creative and working on things like a little, 'irrelevant' blog!! xxx


Please enjoy a few little pics I took over the past month for more check my tumblr.
landing back home from China to a beautiful sunrise

My little Lenny and Bazaar looking after me

Autumnal flowers at Liberty

My amazing Nick @Chatsworth Road market

A glass of bubbles @Kettners to celebrate my Mum's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment