Sunday 12 June 2011

New Look Press Day AW 2011


I might have mentioned once or twice before, I'm really not great at keeping up to date with my blog! I always seem to find an excuse not to sit down and post a little post. Today for example I've managed to clean the flat, scrubbing the kitchen included, organise and cull both my shoes and underwear drawer. I'm explaining this, frankly in more detail than anyone needs to know, to illustrate the reason this post is so late!


If anyone has read my profile they will know I'm a high street designer (actually I'm not too sure if I ever got round to filling all that in... hmmm note to self to check!) I do quite a lot of work for New Look so I was invited to their AW 2011 Press Day held at the beautiful church building opposite Great Portland St tube station.




The key messages New Look were channeling were: Seventies-Meets-40's, lots of fab tea dresses styles with faux fur stoles and floppy felt hats; Gatsby Glamour, fantastic flapper style dresses, all over embellishment in a soft washed out palette of minks and duck egg with highlights of antique and rose gold; 70's downtown, a clean modern take on the 70's trend, updating the pussy-bow blouse with colourblock details and clean sharp tailoring. For me this is the trend that will saturate the high st come August.





I know New Look has had some pretty bad press in the past nine months or so but this press show looked fantastic I just hope they can translate their trends to store.

No comments:

Post a Comment