Friday 22 April 2011

Paris: Compare & Contrast

Over the past year I have been to Paris a couple of times on seasonal work trips. Aside from trawling through mountains of latest fabric trend and technologies I have stayed in some fantastic hotels that have been very different in style from baroque minimalism at The Hotel Sorbonne,
to the Louis XIV opulence of the Victoria Palace Hotel.
Both hotels, wonderful and equally Parisian in their own right. For me The Victoria Palace Hotel with its regal opulence was the most inspiring. I'm not saying that every curtain in my flat will now have fringing at its edges, although I'm developing a slightly unhealthy obsession with chesterfield sofas/ armchairs, I think my baroque curtains and retro chandeliers make a subtle nod to the grandeur of Louis XIV quite nicely!!





No comments:

Post a Comment